Friday, April 1, 2011

Enchilada casserole

No meat, no cheese, no deliciousness? Even I find it hard to imagine a world where mexican food sans it's two most delicious ingredients can even be remotely successful. Flavorless, low fat, boring....le tear. Alas, I have found a way to create a guilt-free {Guilt in the sense that none of our farm animal friends were tortured to make this meal delicious} way to create enchiladas that even managed to satisfy one of my cheese-loving best friends.


So the tortillas I used were flour tortillas, but corn tortillas would work really well too, to make this recipe both gluten free and vegan. I oiled the pan with some olive oil, pre-heating the oven to 375. I tore two tortillas into 4 pieces, covering the bottom of the dish. Then I added a mixture of black bean, pinto bean, onions and green chile to the top of the the tortilla. Keep the layer sort of thin, because you want to add another layer soon. Repeat with the tortilla, then add the other half of the bean mix and cover with tortilla once more. For the final step I added a bit of green enchilada sauce, baked for about 30 minutes and topped with salsa. It turned out good! No meat, no cheese, no joke ;-)

ingredients:
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 small can of green chiles
1/2 chopped onion
1 can green enchilada sauce
4 large tortillas
salse- to taste. I would also recomment adding guacamole to it, basically because guacamole makes everything taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment