Saturday, February 26, 2011

Why such the bother?

As I have recently endeavored to "clean-out" my diet, I have found that it takes some serious will-power to deny that donut or look away from the dairy isle. I have decided to go gluten-free and "vegan" for the time being. I don't actually consider myself a vegan, but for argument's sake, we'll just go right along with that since, this blog is dedicated to creating eatable food of that category. Due to different moral convictions, I am for the time being giving up meat and dairy mostly in response to animal treatment on factory farms. I have also decided that due to a suspicious array of un-pleasant symptoms, I may be gluten-intolerant. Alas, here I am, standing here (perverbially) telling the world that even I, the culinarily un-inclined CAN have a happy relationship with this genre of food. Though I may never quite stop lamenting that last loaf of french bread, and I may always choose to complain over the hardships of passing up a good wheat beer,  I am here to lament and complain with you fellow particular dieters. I am going to simply post up the good, bad and ugly adventures in my new palette exploration so that you can learn from my successes and failures. Wish me luck, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment