Sunday, February 27, 2011

brownies {ugly, but yummy}

There is a specific reason I post the photos below the blog. While some people have mastered the art of making their food look absolutely wonderful and everything, I haven't (hence why I think you non-chefs will relate here). So I really decided to test the boundaries of my newly gained vegan-gluten-free knowledge and bake something of confectionary delight....BROWNIES. I actually purchased a gluten free brownie mix, deciding to wait on getting my hands messy in almond flour and xangthan gum. Trader Joe's had a great mix, and I merely substituted the egg with 1/3 cup of un-sweetened apple sauce. The flavor was spot on, but the texture slightly chewy. It didn't throw off the overall goodness of the brownie, but it did make them pretty ugly. And the Pan was pretty hard to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment